Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Cracked Glass snowman


Just a quick post here...I'm still busy finishing up my Display Maker items...just a few more things to make. I'm also getting ready for my Stamp Club on Friday, plus pulling together things for a Women's Expo I'm doing the beginning of December. My mom called and wants to get her Christmas shopping done for my family TOMORROW! It has become a tradition for us to go shopping together...and it is fun, just a really busy time for me. Actually, it didn't have to be tomorrow, but between her "retired" schedule and my schedule, there was not another available day until after Thanksgiving...and she likes to be almost done by then!

This is always a fun technique...cracked glass...although it does make a mess! That Glassy Glaze embossing powder blows all over the place! We did this at my technique class last week and it always is a huge WOW! No one can believe you actually put it in the freezer and then crack it! Fun.

This is a simple card, using the Snowman from Holiday Tag Team. Great for making a lot of cards because it isn't too involved. I've gotten a lot of mileage out of this little guy...he just seems to be the perfect size. Something a little different, I tied 3 knots in the ribbon before I wrapped it around the back of the Bashful Blue layer to secure...just a little extra texture on the front instead of a knot.

Don't forget to comment on the 40,000 hits post for Blog Candy! I'll be picking a winner on Sunday!

3 comments:

Lisa Bohler said...

Love that card, Connie! Will be CASEing that ribbon knotting idea!

Anonymous said...

That is the perfect stamp for the cracked ice technique...so cute!

Anonymous said...

cracked glass...cracked ice...you knew what I meant :)