Friday, November 30, 2007

Blogger's Challenge Week #23




Wow...these weeks are really zipping by! Seems like I just posted the last challenge! This week's challenge was to create two cards using the same stamps, but with a different point of view. This gives us the opportunity to see different ways to use the same stamps. My set of choice is Snow Flurries. The six different snowflakes in this set are so much fun to use.

The first card, I used the pointed snow flurry stamp to create a wreath. I punched a 1-1/4 size circle, then used that as a template to create the wreath around it. When I removed the punched circle, I have a uniform wreath! I went looking for a small saying that would fit in the center of the wreath, and found Very Merry in the Holiday Tag Team set. Christmas came from the All Holidays set and I did marker omit in order to just color the word "Christmas". Once again, Dashing designer paper is used...I need to make sure to order another pack today! I'm almost out of this fun paper...AND the sale ends today!

The second card I used the pointed snow flurry stamped in Soft Sky all over the background. The verse comes from Solemn Stillness and is stamped in Night of Navy Navy and then layered on Night of Navy cardstock. I wrapped the Soft Sky Double Stitch ribbon around the bottom and added a couple punched circle scallops underneath the focal point.

Be sure to check out the other Blogger's playing this week! I'm sure you will be inspired, too! I'll be at the Women's Expo most of the weekend, so will try to check in...I have a stacking box that I made for the Expo display to show you!

13 comments:

Lynn Mercurio said...

Very nice example of the various ways a single stamp can be used to suit various need. Your card are awesome! I always have problems getting a nice symetrical circle when I try to do wreaths. You did a great job.

SweetMissDaisy (Anna Wight) said...

So clever! They both turned out great! I have the hardest time making wreath's ... you did great!

Vicki G said...

WOW!! Two very different looks. Both Lovely!!

Stefanie said...

Great cards Connie! I love the snowflake wreath. What an out of the box idea!

Julie Campbell said...

Very nice... and clever! Great job with this challenge!

Leigh OBrien said...

I love these, Connie. They understated yet elegant. Great job!

Lori said...

Great job showing the versatility of the snowflake stamp!

Barbara said...

These are both wonderful...and so different! GREAT cards.

Lisa Bohler said...

Way to show the versatility of a small stamp! Gorgeous cards!

MJ said...

Great ideas. Love them both.

PocketsOfInspiration said...

Very Lovely!

Claudia Perry said...

Both cards turned out just great, but my favorite is the wreath ;-)

Anonymous said...

Great cards - love the blue on with the scalloped circle. TFS