Tuesday, May 29, 2007

On Gossamer Wings


Ugh...so sorry I went MIA so soon after my return from Florida! My eldest son came home unexpectedly for the weekend and we ended up spending lots of time at the Lake boating, jet skiing and fishing! It is SO relaxing out there...I never get tired of it. Our best friends are out there, too, so it makes it nice to visit with them. Hope you had a great Memorial Weekend! Tomorrow, I'm slated to work in my stamp room ALL DAY! I have a ton of ideas that need to get put on paper! lol!

Here is a card using the retiring On Gossamer Wings and a watercolor technique. The butterfly sparkles since I stamped it with Basic Brown on glossy cardstock that was brayered with the Pumpkin Patch spectrum pad, then covered it with Versamark and heat set Irridescent Ice embossing powder over top! For the flower, I inked the stamp with Pumpkin Patch, then spritzed water on it...made sure my paper was lightly misted with water, too, and then stamped it. After it dried, I went back over it with the stamp inked with Basic Brown. Very cool technique! I used a coluzzle to cut the ovals in the Always Artichoke and Chocolate Chip paper.

Set: On Gossamer Wings (retiring)
C/S: Pumpkin Pie, Always Artichoke, Naturals Ivory, Chocolate Chip, Glossy White
Inks: Pumpkin Patch Spectrum pad, Versamark, Basic Brown, Always Artichoke
Other: Copper brads, copper cord, Coluzzle Oval cutter, Dimensionals, Irridescent Ice EP, 1/16 circle punch

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love this card, It is very vintage looking. I love it!