Sunday, May 4, 2008

Stitched Exotics and GOOD news!


Here is another card that I made when Lisa, Mary and I were doing sketch and color challenges a couple weeks ago. I'm not sure I'm wild about these colors together. lol! We needed to use More Mustard, Really Rust, Night of Navy and Bordering Blue. The center flower is stamped in Really Rust and More Mustard and punched out with the 5 petal punch. The side flowers are stamped with More Mustard and cut out. I layered them on the Scallop Circle in Night of Navy, along with using the Round Tab punch to make the circle behind the center flower. I stamped the small center flower with More Mustard and used a Build-A-Brad. In the background on the Bordering Blue, I used the stitched leaf in the Stitched Exotics set. I added some Night of Navy ribbon and Thank you at the bottom!

This weekend was beautiful (well it showered a couple times yesterday). We managed to get the mulch down and I planted flowers in all my pots and some variegated marigolds in the flower beds (the rabbits eat any other type of flower). I bought the mixed variety this year and they are really pretty! Glad to have that chore done...now to keep them watered.

Oh...I did get some great news yesterday! I received a postcard from Stamper's Sampler telling me I have card(s) in their June/July 2008 magazine! Woohoo! I submitted quite a few, so I'm not sure which one(s) they chose...guess it will be a surprise! Good news is that it should be out in a couple weeks. Yeah!!!

No comments: