Monday, August 6, 2007

Priceless, Take 2...


Here is another Swap card for my SSUS group (Sensational Stampin' Up! Stampers). It is similar to one I posted earlier when I first bought this Priceless set. I switched things out and added the Key Tag punch and put in the larger Old Olive ribbon. I used the Faux Diamond Dust on the scallop punch behind the butterfly and the So Swirly wheel on the background. These are colors suggested by SU on their In-Color chart...I would never put them together, but they did look nice together!
Sets: Priceless, So Swirly wheel
C/S: Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, Soft Sky, Glossy White, Soft Sky Designer paper
Inks: Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie
Other: Scallop Circle punch, 1 3/8 circle punch, Key Punch, Double rectangle punch, 5/8 Olive grosgrain ribbon, dimensionals
Convention tidbits:
Registration night at Convention was the Pajama Stamp-a-rama party! It was a new format this year...we did most all of the Make & Takes that first night. SO nice to be with EVERYONE in one big room. Lots of fun and crazy to see all those women (and a few men) walking around at night in downtown Denver in their PJs. The Denver newspaper even wrote up an article about it...check it out here: http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_6468448 My upline, Candy, was a Make & Take helper this year. Poor thing lost her voice that first night due to trying to talk above the noise, music and laughter!
This was my 6th convention. I remember going the first year with my upline, Candy, and she seemed to know everyone. I wondered how she had met these women who lived so far away! Now that I've been going six years, I know people, too! It was fun to meet up with online friends, and gals I've met in previous years...and share HUGS all around! Also, it is fun to recognize the presenters. I try to take a minute to stop them and tell them what a great job they did in their presentation or skit. Many times they have mentioned how much they appreciate me telling them! Stampin' Up! has a great staff!
Denver has quite an awesome downtown area. 16th Street Mall was two blocks from where we stayed at The Curtis...a fun, hip hotel that is revisiting the things of my youth! My roommate Annette and I walked about the street during the day and ate at The Cheesecake Factory for lunch. Fun!
More tomorrow!