Monday, February 18, 2008

Boho Backgrounds 3


Sorry I am posting so late...I meant to do it earlier...but my hubby was off today for President's Day. I don't know about you, but MY routine certainly takes a hit when he is home! So, instead of posting, he mentioned going to look for something to display on top of the new hutch we purchased before Christmas. I took down the Snow decorations I had up there on Thursday, and it does look bare...but I knew what would happen. I'd never be able to buy something that I liked, because he would be certain to roll his eyes at the cost...or tell me that he knew I could MAKE something similar. Ugh! But, at least I did get a couple ideas. I'll just make sure to purchase them when he isn't around! lol! Anyone else out there like me?

I'm sure I've mentioned it before, but when I make cards for Convention or Display, I like to focus each of the stamps on the cards or projects I'm designing. I don't know about you, but there are usually 1-2 stamps in the set that become my favorites, and I neglect the other poor little stamps in the set! Well, the argyle stamp is one that was neglected...I think I'm argyle challenged! So...for this Display sample, I pulled out my Stamp-a-ma-jig and tried to line up the argyles evenly. I think I did a pretty good job...

This card I had in my head that I wanted a masculine look and feel. On the other samples I made, I had already cut out the stars, mounted some on the Scallop Circles...so I had my large 1-3/8 circle sitting next to me (at the time ALL my punches were sitting next to me on the counter! I think I had EVERY punch pulled out to use!) I tried punching the star with the large circle and liked the effect. So...I chose some masculine colors (Wild Wasabi, Chocolate Chip and Really Rust) with Very Vanilla and pulled together this card. The "Celebrate" was from the retired All About U...now you could easily substitute Celebrate from Celebrate Everything and it would look great! The circle stars are popped up with dimensionals and an Antique Brass mini brad in the center of each. I think it turned out to be a nice, masculine card and amazingly similar to what I had imagined in my head! lol!

This week I have a busy week for deadlines, so I'm sure to get lots of stamping done. I figured out my Control Freaks swap card...now just to cut paper and stamp 40 of them and get them mailed by Friday...piece of cake, right? lol! Have a good night!
Connie

No comments: