Saturday, February 23, 2008

Garden Whimsy


I'm SO ready for SPRING and warm weather! We just endured another snow and ice storm and are digging out today. So yesterday, while it was snowing and sleeting...I decided to pull out my SPRING colors and bring a little sunshine into my studio.

Now, normally I'm not a Bold Brights person...I favor Earth Elements colors. But...sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do...right? So, I picked the two brightest colors I could...Pixie Pink and Green Galore reinkers and went to work making some "Pouncing" technique backgrounds. This technique is in the latest Technique Junkies newsletter and SO much fun to make. One of those "quick & easy" ones.

Well, next I needed a stamp set...what other thing says SPRING like Tulips! Bingo! I used my markers to color the Tulip in Pixie Pink and Green Galore...then I added some shading by using Pink Passion and Garden Green on the edges of the stamp. I stamped it on Glossy paper to make it POP and added a strip of Green Galore along the bottom...I cut tiny slits in the paper and crinkled it to resemble green grass. I needed a Thank You card for the friends we went to Las Vegas with...so I used one of my favorite sets...Short & Sweet...to stamp Thank You and used my much neglected small and large oval punches. Since Stampin' Up! retired the Green Galore grosgrain ribbon, I pulled out a piece of bright green stripe ribbon I had on hand...

To me...this card says SPRING...just what I wanted.
Connie

No comments: