Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Always Valentine


This was a card my Techniques Class did last week (and also the one I'm giving my husband tomorrow!)

EDIT: Actually this is a technique from Technique Junkies newsletter called Go Retro back in June 2003...thanks Pat! Although it seemed familiar, I couldn't find the proper name for it!

Notice the spiral clip from the Hodgepodge Hardward clip in the corner? I ran pink grosgrain ribbon thru the clip and secured it around back. Then I tied a knot of pink gingham around the center of the spiral clip to make a bow! I'm not sure who first showed that little trick, but I think it is great! Hard to see, but I also used dimensionals to pop up the floral heart.

This week I've been getting ready for a class I have on Saturday and working on a future class. I finished making a birthday gift for my son's girlfriend and I'll take a picture tomorrow and post it.

Hope you have a wonderful Valentine's Day tomorrow!

Connie

2 comments:

Kerry D-C said...

Cute! Cute! Cute! Thanks for sharing the the spiral clip trick...I had not seen it done like that before and it looks so cute!

Carey said...

I love the trick you gave. I have never used my spiral clips before, now I have a reason. The old TJ newsletter is coming out so I can try this technique. Great job as always.