Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Friendship Blooms


Oh, I can't believe I forgot to post this card! This was my swap card for the Control Freaks group Sale-A-Bration swap last month. I used the set Friendship Blooms.

I wanted the illusion of a jean pocket, so I used the Blue Bayou Designer Prints paper and rounded the bottom with my corner rounder. The scallop edge is also made with the corner rounder...taking the guide off and then punching along the bottom of the cardstock. The flower is popped up with dimensionals and I added a Faux Diamond Dust (technique from Technique Junkies Newsletter) glitter flower center punched with the Boho Blossoms punch...and I added a colored mini brad in the center and at the top of the "pocket". I also stamped the inside pocket piece and added a glitter flower to it, also. I like using the Round Tab punch for the top of the pull-out...note the swirl stamp on the tab, too!

Well, we got about 3" of snow today unexpectedly! Earlier this week it was warm enough to melt all the snow...now it is back! I hope it is done snowing...I'm supposed to go out of town on Friday and hate to drive in bad weather.

Set: Friendship Blooms
C/S: Purely Pomegranate, Whisper White, River Rock, Blue Bayou DSP
Inks: River Rock, Blue Bayou, Purely Pomegranate, Versamark
Other: Round Tab punch, Boho Blossoms punch, River Rock double stitched ribbon, Corner rounder punch, Mini brads, Iridescent Ice EP

Connie

1 comment:

Nancy Riley said...

OMG! Do I ever like this pocket card! Awesome design and great colors!