Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Boho Backgrounds 2


OK...I love this card. Stampin' Up! did post it on the Display boards at Leadership, even though it uses the retired All About U and retired Outlaw paper. Remember...when we are doing these displays, we don't know about the retired lists yet. However, this one would be VERY easy to substitute the new Just B set and the new colors of the paper Western Sky and get the exact same look!

This card is actually a tri-fold card. The medallion from Boho Backgrounds and the U layer actually lift up, the stripe paper layer folds down. For some reason, I didn't take a picture of it open...duh! lol! Oh well...I think you can figure it out on your own.

The details on the medallion...I used craft Really Rust and craft Chocolate Chip to varigate the color on the stamp. I stamped on Confetti Cream and then embossed the medallion with clear embossing powder for a shiny, cool look. The center I used an Aged Copper mini brad from the Hodgepodge Kit. I punched out the medallion with the Scallop Circle punch and colored the edges with Really Rust ink. Other details include faux stitching around the top half of the card and using my Chocolate Chip marker for the "thread"

I'm off to my studio to crank out some cards and techniques for my classes this week!

No comments: