Monday, January 28, 2008

Classic Backgrounds


This is another card I made for the Leadership displays using Classic Backgrounds. One of the things I think about when using a stamp set for displays, is trying to identify other uses than was is obvious. To me, the stars is this set leaned themselves towards red, white, and blue or patriotic themes...which I did use. But, stars in scrapbooking and cardmaking are BIG right now! So I used a couple shades of purple to make a birthday card using this set.

Both the star and the scallop circle are glittered using Iridescent Ice EP. I also placed a clear Rhinestone brad in the center of the star (from the Pretties kit). The color in this scan is off...the star actually matches the strip that Happy Birthday is stamped on...but it doesn't look like it here for some reason! Across the top of that band I did a row of paper piercing. I also used the background stamp Tres Chic on white with a base card of Lovely Lilac.

Enjoy!
Connie

No comments: