Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Stitched Exotics 4


Can anyone tell me why I let almost a full year of paperwork pile up? I mean, I deal with it, I just don't FILE it. It goes in a Longaberger basket bin I have. I swore last year that I was going to file it as I went along...yeah, right! So, I spent this morning, sprawled out on the floor, sorting everything. That took away PRECIOUS stamping time! lol! I STILL have a small pile to sort. Then I can start working on my Schedule C and get our taxes done...hopefully this weekend. Yeah!

I really liked how this card turned out. To me, the colors are ones I don't frequently use...Pretty in Pink, Old Olive and Elegant Eggplant...but my trusty Color Coach tells me they do work together! Again, it is a card I made for Display at Leadership. I had just received the background stamp, Baroque, and couldn't wait to ink it up! I used Pretty in Pink on Pretty in Pink cardstock. I thought it would be "fun" to cut out the swirl stamp pattern in Stitched Exotics...yeah right, fun! The inside of the flower I also cut out and it fit perfect with the Scallop Circle behind it. I added the Spiral Punch along the bottom. I don't use this punch enough, cause I really like the look! Then I stamped Stem Sayings and pierced a row underneath it. Love that wide 5/8 ribbon, too!

Have a great evening!
Connie

2 comments:

rozie640 said...

WOW, those colors look fabulous together, excellent cutting job. I really need that sentiment set! Love your card.

Lisa Bohler said...

Connie...the difference between your organization of filing and mine are this: I use a basket from the Homemaker Idea Company. Glad to hear you made progress. Means there is hope for me!