Sunday, April 13, 2008

Big Birthday Candle


I spent some time on Friday and Saturday doing challenges with my friends, Mary and Lisa. Some challenges were sketches...some were sketches and color combos. This was one of the sketch and color combinations. We picked the colors from Kristina Werner's blog this week and the sketch from Mercy's blog. Taken with Teal, Tempting Turquoise, Old Olive, Chocolate Chip and Very Vanilla were the colors. I had already started on this card, when I realized I wouldn't be able to use yellow for the flame! So...I compromised by using Tombow Multipurpose glue and dazzling diamonds. In real life, it does sparkle and look like fire!

This was a cute sketch...I like the way it turned out. Big Birthday Candle if fun to use with designer papers...you can cut out so many fun designs for the base of the candles. The greeting is from It's Your Birthday, and I made it into a tag using the tag corner punch. A little added 5/8" chocolate chip ribbon adds a nice touch...along with the silver brads in the corners and on the top of the layer.

Tonight is TV night. I've been enjoying The Big Give and a new Desperate Housewives. My other favorite show, Grey's Anatomy, will be new next week! Can't wait!

Hope you have a great week!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

beautifully done, connie! i absolutely love what you've done with the sketch! this set fits it perfectly...awesome job!

i hope you will join tomorrow's sketch challenge, too!

thanks for playing!
mercy

p.s. could you link my sight in your post for me? the more people that know about the challenges the better! ;-)