Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Bronc Buster with Western Sky


Again another challenge card Lisa, Mary and I worked on over the past weekend. This challenge used Jen Del Muro's blog sketch with our requirement to use Designer Paper. I decided that I hadn't used Western Sky in a long time and I think it goes perfect with this stamp set. I pulled out some scraps (this sketch is PERFECT to use up scraps!) and matted them using Ruby Red. I stamped the Genuine stamp with Basic Black on Blue Bayou and colored in parts of the image with my Versamarker. Using the Versmarker this way is great for getting just a little darker shade of the background cardstock! Then I used my White Craft pad to sponge around the edges of the stamped image layer for a little added interest. I added some punched stars and pewter brads. Done! I'm very happy with the way this turned out!

This morning we had a little frost on the ground...I hope it doesn't hurt the beautiful spring flowers and buds that are just coming out! Spring is my most favorite time...seeing the bright green shoots coming out on the trees...the flowering crabs, rhododendrens, yellow forsythia and sunny daffodils! Beautiful time of year!



No comments: