Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Essence of Love



I love the simplicity of this set, Essence of Love. It looks equally wonderful stamped in black on a colorful background...or using Versamark and pastels...or individually coloring the flowers with markers. Truly a very versatile set! This card was another one done during the sketch challenges with Mary and Lisa last weekend. (I'm sorry! I've forgotten where we found the sketch!)

I did the background by placing Summer Sun and Ballet Blue ink pads next to each other on the table...and using my brayer to ink both colors simultaneously. You need to make sure you are getting the center of the brayer inked well, too. Then I ran the brayer over glossy paper. I love the effect...a faux Spectrum pad! I stamped the flower image with Basic Black over the colored background. The Summer Sun layer has the background Posy stamped with Summer Sun! I love the look that background stamp gives, too!

American Idol results show tonight...it is certainly getting harder and harder to determine who leaves each week! They are all such awesome performers! Who is YOUR favorite?

No comments: