Sunday, April 6, 2008

Classic Backgrounds MVP


I had fun making this scrapbook page...pictures of my son, Ross, playing in the All-Star game his senior year of high school. His team went undefeated and (not to brag too much), he had one of his best games EVER! A grand slam! Of course, like most boys when around their friends, he didn't want me to take his picture...I surprised him with this shot, so it isn't the best lighting...but beggars can't be choosy!

This is one of the 12x12 scrapbook pages I did for Display Maker using the Classic Backgrounds stamp set. Funny, the minute I saw the set, these pictures and scrapbook page come to my mind. I cut the baseball round shape with my Coluzzle and hand pierced and drew the stitches. I made the spiral punch go down the side, and then the row of pierced faux stitching. I stamped the small stars background stamp in the corners, then cut out each of the red larger stars (I wasn't given the punch to use...bummer!) The alphabets are Well-Worn Alphabet and Schoolbook Serif Alphabet.

I don't do a lot of scrapbooking (cards and 3D items give me instant gratification)...but I do like it when a page comes together!

Enjoy the rest of the weekend...I have a group coming in for a Stamp Camp. The weather looks like it will be gorgeous today. Bet we will see a lot of golfers on the course!

No comments: