Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Season of Joy

Ack! Only two more days until the craft show on Saturday. I still have pricing and labeling to do on some things and need to put together my "kit" for working the table...money, flyers, class schedules, etc. I spent the day making several notebooks with my Bind-it-All machine! I love that little machine! I'll make sure to take a picture to share with you tomorrow after I finish decorating the fronts.

This was another card we did last night in my Techniques Class. The technique is called Glitter Ridges...another Technique Junkies technique features in the April/May 2005 newsletter. I love using this technique on winter or snow type holiday cards! It just seems to fit! It is SO sparkly in person!

The card is actually a tri-fold card. The cardstock is cut to 4 1/4 x 11, then scored at 4 1/4 and 8 5/8. The remaining 2 1/2 inches is torn to about 1-1/4 inches and overlaps the front of the card...held closed by a spiral paper clip. There is a layer of vellum torn and placed under the Season of Joy focal point...I think it adds to the "icy" appearance of the card!

Sets: Season of Joy
C/S: Ballet Blue, Whisper White, Cardstock Vellum
Inks: Blue Frost Spectrum pad
Other: Spiral clip, Blue gingham and Bashful Blue grosgrain ribbon, Liquid Glue, Dazzling Diamonds, Crimper


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a neat idea. Love the closure and seeing Christmas cards in non traditional colours. TFS