Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Winter Merry & Bright Tag


For the past five or six years, my Creative Stamping Friends email group has put together a Christmas tag swap. Each person signs up for a letter from A to Z and the cover or back and designs a tag around that letter. Some letters, of course, are more challenging then others, so it moves you to sign up quickly! I think we set a record this year and were full within a couple days... The size of the tag must be a standard shipping tag size with hole, at least two layers and the letter should be prominently displayed on the front. We do this swap in October/early November, so it doesn't interfere with the busy holiday season AND we can display the holiday tags during the season. Many of us place them on trees, as a garland, on a binder ring, or however you choose. They are our holiday greeting card to each other!

This year I chose W for my letter. My original intent was to use the Wisemen from Holy Triptych. However, I ended up using the Snowman once again from Merry & Bright! I also used the Snowflake embossing folder from Cuttlebug and glittered around the edges with Dazzling Diamonds. I stamped "Winter" on cardstock vellum and wrapped the vellum around to the back of the white layer to secure. The base layer of the tag and scallop circle punch are from Soft Sky. Then I used Rose Red for a pop of color. I added a little bit of glitter to the snowman himself so he sparkles. The scallop circle is popped up with dimensionals. The ribbon is just a shade darker than Soft Sky and blends well, I think! Enjoy!

When I get my swap back, I'll be sure to share each of the tags with you. They really are NICE and I love being able to go back thru each year and see the greetings from these special online friends...many I've never met in person!

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Very pretty. I love how the red makes the snowman "pop"!