Friday, March 21, 2008

Blogger's Challenge Week #39


Another Friday and time for the Blogger's Challenge! This week's challenge was to use the color combination of Soft Sky, Blue Bayou, Chocolate Chip and Real Red! By coincidence, I already had these colors laying out on my table. One of the techniques my Technique Class did last week was Ripped Marble (from the 8/05 issue of Technique Junkies). I love the textured look of this technique, and it isn't hard at all! For my sample, I used the new mini catalog set, Bloomin' Beautiful...I LOVE hydrangeas...and this set just CALLED for me to buy it. lol!

All three stamps I used...the Blossom definition, Bloom and the pot of hydrangeas are in that set. In addition, I used a piece of Aged Copper Hodgepodge Hardware and the NEW chocolate twill ribbon that is in the mini. That is NICE ribbon...has a great "hand" to it and very easy to work with. Along the left side of the red, I also pierced a row of holes.

I'm amazed...I actually woke up this morning with this idea in my head and it turned out pretty much as I thought it would! Do any other of you dream about card ideas? lol!

15 comments:

Lynn Mercurio said...

I wake up with ideas popping into my head ALL the time. My problem is that I don't always jot them down so, (just like my other dreams) they quickly leave my memory. Your card is wonderful and I love your design elements and focal image. Great job...keep dreaming...it's really working for ya! Happy Easter.

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

connie your card is wonderful.
love the colors.

tfs
happy eastern

Barb Hardeman said...

This card is so cool with the colors you chose. Well, I mean the order that you put them in for the Ripped Marble. Super job!

Lisa Martz said...

Very pretty, Connie!

MJ said...

Very pretty Connie -- did you and Pat discuss which set to use or is this just a case of "great minds"! Great card. Happy Easter!

Lisa Somerville said...

The ripped marble was perfect technique for this weeks bloggers challenge - looks beautiful!

Basement Stamper said...

Connie:

This is awesome, I love those hydrangeas, it looks gorgeous with that technique.

Vicki G said...

Very Pretty Connie. I love what you did with the main image............Pretty!!!

Vicki

Amber Porter said...

Very pretty! I love the ripped marble technique! You did a fabulous job with it!

Nikki Bond said...

How unique! I love it! {SMILEs}

Regina Cornelius regcorn@zoominternet.net said...

wow! a very artsy take on that set! i love what you have done with it!

tonistamps said...

Very cool with the definition stamp to make that panel!

Lisa Bohler said...

This technique was PERFECT for this color combo. What a terrific way to get all of the colors in with keeping the image the focus!

Lori said...

This is so pretty! The ripped marble technique looks beautiful here.

Ida said...

What a creative card. The ripped marble technique is one I had forgotten about but it look wonderful here.