Monday, March 3, 2008

Fabulous Flowers

Edited: One of my customers just called me out on the name of this set! It is Fabulous Flowers, of course...silly me!!! Thanks, Pat!!!

It is a busy week for me! I have a couple classes that I'm still getting ready for...one is out of town. And I leave Thursday for a weekend stamping/scrapbooking retreat! I can't wait! I go twice a year to this same place and just have the best time...of course, I come back exhausted from staying up too late every night! lol! Oh well...the price you pay for the love of your craft...right?

I love the flower in this set...Fabulous Flowers...it was on the first order I placed when the last catalog was new. You can get so many different looks by changing colors, adding 2-3 colors, layering, etc. I made this card for a Embossing Challenge on one of my groups. The challenge could be to use either powder embossing or dry embossing. I chose to use both on this card.

The background is dry embossed by hand using the Pick A Petal brass template from Stampin' Up! I used one of the small flowers all over the background. The large flower was stamped with Regal Rose Craft ink and then I used the Cracked Glass technique (Feb/March 2008 Technique Junkies newsletter) to cover the entire flower with a shiny layer. I didn't use the option to age the "glass" since I wanted to use a white background. Happy Day is actually a Rub On from the Love & Happiness Sell-A-Bration selection. I covered the back of the clear button with coordinating designer paper, along with adding the stripe of designer paper on front...both are from the Flowers for You package.

Enjoy!
Connie

Sets: Fabulous Flowers, Love & Happiness Rub-ons
C/S: Tempting Turquoise, Whisper White, Lavender Lace, Flowers for You DSP
Inks: Regal Rose Craft ink, Versamark
Other: Glassy Glaze EP, 5 petal punch, Pick a Petal brass template, stylus, clear button, dimensionals, Celery grosgrain ribbon

2 comments:

Stefanie said...

Beautiful card Connie! I don't think I've seen such a bright & cheery card made with this stamp before. It looks awesome!

Kerry D-C said...

How could the receiver of this card NOT have a HAPPY DAY?! This is divine!