Monday, March 10, 2008

I'm back! And Boho Backgrounds...


Whew! I made it back from the stamping/scrapbooking retreat late yesterday and am very tired. We had a BLIZZARD in Ohio! 20 inches of snow and Level 3 snow emergencies in the county where my retreat was held (no one allowed on the roads or you will be ticketed) and snow drifts up to the roof of the building. But it was so absolutely beautiful to see the snow falling, the snow on the trees and the unspoiled landscape all around.

The retreat workers were SO great...they were stranded, too! They brought food to us so we didn't have to walk over to the cafeteria...cleared off our buried cars...moved the cars so they could plow off the parking lot...then cleared the sidewalks down to cement so we could wheel all our stuff back out to load the cars. Meanwhile, we stayed nice and snug in the lodge with the fireplace going all weekend...it was awesome! I was able to get lots of things done and you'll be seeing them over the next few days! Need to get them photographed. The best part is meeting up with friends again that I only see two times a year at these retreats. Of course, I always take too much stuff with me and only get 1/2 of what I take done...even with all that time!

This is one of the 3D items I made for the Leadership Displays. I used the Boho Backgrounds stamp set. I wanted the medallion to look and feel like leather, so I used Really Rust, Creamy Caramel inks direct to paper, then stamped the medallion in Basic Brown over top. I then covered it with Versamark and clear embossing powder. Turned out pretty neat and looks a lot like leather! It is hard to tell, but I used two acrylic frames and tied them together using ribbon. I punched the holes on the frames with the Crop-A-Dile tool. The paper is cut from the retired Outlaw paper, but you could easily substitute the new Western Sky paper for the same look. The medallion is actually adhered with dimensionals to the outside of the frame, while the paper and cardstock is slipped inside the frame where the photo would normally be held. After I sent this in, I thought I should have used mini brads instead of staples on the calendar...oh well!

I've not heard from our Blog Candy winner, Catherine, yet! So if I don't hear from her by tomorrow afternoon, I'll be pulling a new number for someone to win that Blog Candy! Check back!

No comments: