Friday, May 23, 2008

Blogger's Challenge - Red/White/Blue


This week's challenge was to use Red, White and Blue. Now...if I was thinking correctly, I should have waited and posted LAST week's card today! It fit the criteria perfectly! However, during my challenges with Lisa and Mary over the past couple days, I made one that fits both the traditional patriotic holidays AND a necessary "man" card! Lisa and Mary will see that I "tweaked" the sketch a little. I thought the upper left corner was a little empty, so I added the half moon greeting "happy day". My father's birthday is coming up on June 2nd, so I'll save this card for him!

The ONLY stamping on this card is the greeting, the rest are combination designer papers from the Western Sky pack. I also used Ruby Red and Blue Bayou to punch the stars, and added a red Rhinestone brad to the center. Tied some Blue Bayou double stitched ribbon around it (I HOPE they bring back the ribbon in more colors next catalog!)

Enjoy your holiday weekend. We have plans to go to the lake house at least on Sunday...maybe Monday, too. A couple graduation parties to attend, too!

19 comments:

Unknown said...

This is super Connie. It would make a great stamp camp card! Love it! Casing it!

Lynn Mercurio said...

Excellent Connie...love those patterned papers and what a great way to combine all the challenges! Have a fabulous long weekend!

Chrissy D said...

Oh this is great, Connie. Love the DP and how you combined the challenges! TFS!

Tara Kieninger said...

Connie, this card is so great. I love the patterned paper and stars.

Lisa Somerville said...

Great way to use the patterned paper - love the bling in the center of the star.

Elizebeth said...

This is so classic and beautiful!

Unknown said...

Connie! That's really cute! I love that striped paper and the star punches together!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Beautiful! Love the different papers and textures!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Perfect man card! Great way to combine the challenges! Such a wonderful layout to work with! :D

Barb Hardeman said...

You did a great job Connie. I love the way your used the dp with the star and ribbon. Great card...

Anonymous said...

Great card, Connie. Western Sky DSP is perfect for the challenge!

Regina Cornelius regcorn@zoominternet.net said...

i love it! very nice! i loe that ds paper...great job!
regina

Basement Stamper said...

Love this card Connie, the colors are very masculine (more regal than bold colors). Perfect for your Dad!

Barbara said...

GREAT card! Love the DSP combo...and it's easy! What's not to like?!!

Lori said...

This is a fantastic masculine card! I really like how you combined the different patterned papers.

Ida said...

Great use of the patterned paper. Love the stars and I must get that Large one as it looks so cool on your card paired with the smaller one.

Lisa Bohler said...

Love how you used the DSP to complete the challenge! The layout is fabulous!

Kathie Bailey said...

Connie, this is so perfect for the challenge! Love it.

Vicki G said...

Very Sweet Card Connie!

Vicki