Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Tart & Tangy

This was one of the cards that I was going to use in my Tart & Tangy stamp camp last month, but then decided against it. I didn't feel it sat in the box as well as a regular sized card. I do like the way it opens up. The bottom, you could adhere a gift card. The ribbon around it keeps the card closed, and you remove the ribbon to open it up.

I colored the cherries with Old Olive and Real Red markers, then added a little tie of red gingham ribbon. I punched it out with the 1 1/4" inch circle punch, then the 1 3/8" circle of Real Red and the Old Olive Scallop Circle Punch. Under the flap is the cherry designer paper from Summer Picnic...just a great package of designer paper! The greeting on the inside is from the Full of Life set in the Spring mini catalog. I find those greetings to be SO timely and use them all the time. The stripe Bashful Blue ribbon goes all the way around. (I still have Ribbon shares left! Get a 3 yard sampling of each color ribbon...Stripe, Double Stitch, Grosgrain, 5/8 Grosgrain, or Taffeta...Email me for details.)

Whew...I just finished a big project that is going in for submission. I actually finished it yesterday and let it sit...went back today and tore a few things apart so that it flowed a little better. I like it now. The bad thing is that I hate to give it away! lol!

Have a great day!



No comments: