Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Fun & Fast Notes


My Technique Class did this card a couple months ago using the Frosted Filters technique. The Yo Yo Yellow reinker obviously "took over", but there is some white and Only Orange in the background, too. A lot of the white is hidden by the focal point. I love this technique because you get really MESSY fingers!

I also had them watercolor the vase of flowers from Fun & Fast Notes using Watercolor crayons...it gives it such a soft look. I punched a hole in the upper left side of the focal point layer and tied the black gingham ribbon. The Green Galore layer pulls out the color of the leaves in the vase. The vase itself is colored with Bashful Blue crayon.

A simple card, but this technique is really showed off by this layout, and the crumbled background almost looks like fabric.

The rain has finally gone away and the sun is back out, warming up the temperatures again. Yeah! My pots of flowers and bedding flowers are taking off! The Dogwood trees are in FULL bloom, too, along with my Lilac bushes...oh...they smell SO awesome!


No comments: