Friday, May 2, 2008

Blogger's Challenge Week #45 - Graduation


Our Blogger's challenge this week was to create a Graduation card. Instead of recreating the wheel, I decided to use the money holder card that I designed for my Stamp Club last month. This is the same card design as the birthday one I did for the Control Freaks swap. I plan on making these up in the graduate's school colors as necessary. Glorious Green, Whisper White and Brushed Silver are the colors of our local Dublin high schools.

I wheeled the Nursery Jumbo wheel in Glorious Green over the Brushed Silver cardstock. I felt the definition of "Journey" from Define Your Life was appropriate to send off the graduate to their next experience...either college or work. (If you don't have Define Your Life, you are missing a wonderful addition to your stamp collection! This set has a definition for almost everything you'd ever need!) I used the tag corner punch and 1/8" circle punch for the hole on the tag and tied it with White Taffeta ribbon. The large and small stars are layered and a mini brad attached in the center...popped up with dimensionals. Inside I added more stars and the Good Luck greeting from Sincere Salutations.

I have a full day finishing up some design projects. Hope you have a great weekend!

10 comments:

Lynn Mercurio said...

Any grad would be pleased to no end with this card...not only because it's a fabulously designed project, but LOOK at that $50! :) Love the wheeled stamped on the silver paper. Awesome!

Lisa Somerville said...

Great idea for a Grad card - not to mention what's inside!

Barb Hardeman said...

Awesome card! The brushed silver wheel stamped is perfect with the stars. Any grad would love to receive a card as beautifully done with $50 in it...nice touch!

MJ said...

Hmmmm, so that is what a fifty dollar bill looks like??????? LOL! Great card love the pocket.

Kimberly Gajewski said...

What a lovely card! I just love this background wheeled on the brushed silver! Such a great design! :D

Tammy Hershberger said...

Fabulous! Love the little pocket, and the school colors to match are great! (Is that Dublin, Ohio? Just wondering!)

Lisa Bohler said...

What a great card! I wouldn't have thought to use these stamps but they're perfect!!!

Lori said...

What a great gift idea! I like the way that the green ink looks against the brushed silver cardstock.

Velta said...

Love this grad card!!! Love the colors and the design :)

Claudia Perry said...

I LOVE how you used the brushed silver CS!! Great idea!