Thursday, May 1, 2008

Time for You






I was following a sketch and color challenge with Mary and Lisa a few weeks ago and this is the card that I ended up making for the challenge. The sketch was from Poetic Artistry's site and the color combo from Kristina Werner's site (Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa, Old Olive, Tempting Turquoise and Taken with Teal). This isn't my "favorite" card, but I think it turned out OK. If I didn't have to follow the sketch, I would have moved up the flower to above the stamped bench.

I used some of my Berry Bliss paper and the bench stamp from Time for You. This is a fun, unusual set for me...I like the bike, the clock and the bench. On this one, if I substituted the star for the 5 petal flower, I think it could easily be a masculine card. I used my new Posy background stamp with Tempting Turquoise on the Tempting Turquoise layer. I colored the bench with my ink pad and a blender pen.

Hopefully Mary and Lisa and I can get together soon and do some more challenges. They are fun and get me creating! I have several assignments that are due NOW...today was too nice to play inside...tomorrow it is supposed to rain. I hope to get some work done then.

Got to go! Gray's Anatomy is on in a few minutes! Woohoo! I'm so glad the writer's strike is OVER!

Oh...check out the new Icons on my right sidebar...Stampin' Up! has an AWESOME recruiting special going on...20% off the starter kit AND a FREE Hodgepodge Hardware set in your choice of colors. AND, all the On Board pieces are 25% off this month! Woohoo! Contact me today to place your order!

No comments: