Thursday, May 22, 2008

Embrace Life


Last night, before American Idol, Lisa, Mary and I decided to work on some challenges! It had been a LONG while since we'd played! This sketch was one of the challenges, along with the color scheme of Perfect Plum, Pale Plum, Mellow Moss and/or River Rock. It was a pretty simple sketch for me...this idea came together pretty easy. Amazingly enough, though, Lisa used the same set and her idea was similar! I can't believe how many times that happens with us...a couple of us will come up with similar end results.

For this one, I used the Twill background stamp with Perfect Plum on the Perfect Plum layer. I watercolored the large flower with markers and the AquaPainter on Watercolor paper. I layered it on two scallop circle punches from River Rock. The center is a 1/2 pearl from the Pretties Kit. I tied River Rock double stitched ribbon around the Perfect Plum layer, too. It has a simple elegance to it, I think!

Well, they challenged some more while I was watching Idol, but I caught up afterwards. So...more coming in the next few days!


No comments: