Thursday, March 29, 2007

Artfully Asian challenge card


One of the groups I participate in had a masculine card challenge. As I mentioned earlier, it is an area that I struggle to make cards that aren't too frilly with ribbon, etc. I made this card with a hint of hardware that the guy's will like and shiny elements (the Crystal Effects on the leaves) and symmetrical lines...plus cool "guy" colors! Even though it DOES has ribbon, I think it is streamlined enough to not look at all feminine.

The technique I used is called Colored Crystal. As many of you know, I am on the Design Team for Technique Junkies and this technique was one of my assignments for the August/September 2006 issue! So...if you want to know how to do it...please check out and subscribe to www.techniquejunkies.com Pat does an awesome job coming up with great techniques for her newsletter and the price is more than reasonable to have all that information at your fingertips. The current issue is FULL of easy-to-do techniques...it came in the mail today!

The other technique used is color-blocking. Not hard...just slicing up the cardstock and rearranging it on the base card. Here are the rest of the details!

Sets: Artfully Asian, Circle of Friendship
C/S: More Mustard, Not Quite Navy, Old Olive, Whisper White
Inks: Stazon Black, Old Olive, More Mustard
Other: Crystal Effects, Bleach, Antique Copper Hodgepodge Hardware, Mustard grosgrain ribbon, Designer Tag punch, 1 1/4 circle punch, 1/2 circle punch

Enjoy! I hope to get some stamping done tomorrow. I have several projects that just need to get finished! Today I spent most of the day working on my customer newsletter. I'm getting ready to post some classes to my Stampin' Up! calendar...my April and May Stamp Camps, a new Technique Class, and a fun Star Mini Scrapbook class! Check it out!

No comments: