Monday, March 19, 2007

I'm BACK from the Stamping retreat!

Oh my gosh! SO much fun to get away for an entire weekend and do nothing but stamp, eat, stamp, stamp, stamp! I think I averaged about 3-4 hours sleep each night...my mind would just not turn off when surrounded by so much creativity. Of course, when I came home last evening, I could barely keep my eyes open enough to even talk with my husband or watch TV! He laughed at me because I kept dozing off in the middle of conversations. Oh well...I did sleep in this morning, but was woken up by the doorbell and a serviceman that wasn't supposed to be there for another 45 minutes. Yikes! Not a pretty sight I'm sure....lol!

I have LOTS to post, cause I did get LOTS done! A few hints...

1. I did 61 cards with one of Stampin' Up!'s At Home Scrappin' Kits! I'm going to be offering this as a class in April, so be looking for it on my Stampin' Up! website calendar! I still had some leftovers that I'll use in a mini scrapbook...they didn't really fit on a card.

2. I also made another 35 cards from a second Stampin' Up! Scrappin' Kit, Just Delightful, a leftover from Sell-A-Bration. I purposely left the greetings area blank so I can use them for Thank You, Thinking of You, or Birthday cards...whenever I need a quick card!

3. About a dozen designed cards...I'll be posting them over the next several days, so you'll have to check back to see them! lol! See posting below for the first one.

4. I started a Star Book for scrapping a few pictures. I used the Hostess Only Scrappin' Kit, Friends and Flowers. I'll get pictures when I finish it later this week. I will also be offering this as a class next month using one of the Scrappin' Kits in the Idea Book...probably Party Pieces! Be watching my calendar for this fun class, too! Leave me a comment if you have a suggestion on which kit I should use! The Star Book template I'm using is MUCH easier than others I've seen! I completed the base in less than an hour...now I'm working on the finishing touches!

Enough teasing...here is one of the cards I made especially for my mom for Mother's Day. It is a matchbook fold, which means the top of the card folds down behind the scallop and the ribbon is holding it closed. It is hard to see the glitter in the flower centers and along the stem or the Pretty in Pink background has the Doodle That stem stamped in Craft White randomly all over it. I liked the patchwork look using the markers on the flowers! I hope she loves it!

Doodle That, All Year Cheer III
C/S: Pretty in Pink, Whisper White, Mellow Moss, Barely Banana
Ink: Black Stazon and Craft White
Markers: Pretty in Pink, Barely Banana, Mellow Moss
Liquid Glue, Dazzling Diamonds, Crafter's Tool Kit, Pretty in Pink Eyelet, Slit punch (for scallops), Slot punch, Word Window Punch, Always Artichoke brad, Tag corner punch (on tag), Dimensionals


I used the Paper Piercing template to make the corner hole pattern. The top flower is popped up with a dimensional.

No comments: