Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Recipe Swap


I was recently in a Recipe Swap where the recipe needed to be included within a long tag pocket. The hostess compiled them all and hung them together with a binder ring decorated with ribbons!

I wanted to use my favorite recipe, Taco Soup, but didn't have many western or tex-mex type stamps. So, I decided to use Stampin' Up!'s trusty small and large oval punches to design my own cactus!

Cowboy Kid, Paisley background, Itty Bitty Backgrounds
C/S: Sahara Sand, Certainly Celery, Real Red, Whisper White
Inks: Sahara Sand, Craft Night of Navy, Always Artichoke marker
Access: Watercolor Crayons, Small and Large oval punches, non-SU Silver star eyelets, printed Tex-Mex words
Cactus was punched from Certainly Celery with Small and large ovals, shadowed with Always Artichoke WCC and needles drawn with Always Artichoke marker.





Taco Soup Recipe
makes approx. 10 cups

1-15 oz. can diced tomatoes
2 cans Rotel (comes in several flavors: original, mild, Mexican, hot)
1-15 oz. can corn, drained
1-15 oz. can black beans, drained
1-15 oz. can kidney beans, drained
1-15 oz. can refried beans, fat free
2 - 9.75 oz. cans of Swanson chicken, drained (I break it apart as I put it in the crockpot)
1 packet taco seasoning mix
1 packet of Hidden Valley Ranch dressing powder mix

Place all ingredients in a crockpot and simmer on LOW until soup is thoroughly heated, approx 2-3 hours. I stir the mixture several times during the process.

Serve with shredded cheese and a dollop of sour cream.

My boys love this recipe and always ask for a big batch to take home with them!

No comments: