Monday, March 12, 2007

Post-it Note box


I'm always losing blank post-it note pads on my desk. I saw a note holder box that Lisa Somerville made and I adjusted the sizes so 3x3 post-it notes would fit. Works great! I no longer lose my sticky notes and it looks PRETTY sitting on my desk! Here is what I did...sorry the inside didn't scan too well.

Doodle This, Everyday Flexible Phrases stamp sets
C/S: Sahara Sand, Cranberry Crisp, Treehouse paper, Whisper White
Inks: Basic Black, Always Artichoke
Watercolor crayons, Aqua Painter, Dazzling Diamonds, Liquid Glue, Round Tag Punch

I stamped the Doodle flower 3 times with Black Stazon ink. Then, I used the WCCrayons and drew directly around the outline of the flower and leaves with the crayon in Summer Sun and Always Artichoke. Using the AquaPainter, I pulled the color into the flower petals. Then I took Bravo Burgundy crayon and just lined one edge of the petal and centers, used the AquaPainter again to pull and blend that color into the Summer Sun! I like the two-tone look! I colored two of the petals with the Always Artichoke crayon and cut them out for leaves. I highlighted the dots and center of the flower and leaves with liquid glue and sprinkled on Dazzling Diamonds. The Treehouse stripe paper is stamped with the Doodle stamp in Always Artichoke and I used the same stamp for some inside decoration. The Round Tag Punch tab acts like a neat little handle for the lid of the box. I used several Dimensionals to pop up the two layers of the flower and slightly curled the petals down.


Directions for the box. I used Sahara Sand for the base and cut two pieces.

1st piece: 4 3/4" x 4 3/4", score at 3/4" around all four sides (this makes the box bottom and sides) Cut slits to score line on opposite sides of two ends, fold in tabs and adhere.

2nd piece: 8" x 3 3/4", score 3 5/8" from both ends (this the top and bottom of box)

On the bottom of the 2nd piece, adhere the box...the lid will fold down over the box. The Round Tag Punch is folded around the Sahara Sand lid.

Add 3x3 post-it notes and you are good to go!

No comments: