Saturday, March 31, 2007

Gift card holder


Good morning everyone! Hope you have a WONDERFUL weekend. Mine looks remarkably free, so maybe I'll get some stamping done. Of course, I do need to watch my beloved Ohio State Buckeyes perform their magic at the Final Four basketball game tonight. Go Bucks!

This gift card holder was one of my projects at my March Polka Dots & Paisley Stamp Camp. I cut the Sage Shadow paper to 5 1/2 x 8 1/2, then scored at 3" and 7". Fold up the smaller flap and stamp Happy all over. I stamped Sage Shadow off once for most of the Happys in the background, then full-strength on the final one in bottom right location. Next, I stamped the Paisley in Sage Shadow randomly over the top wider flap. I also tore off a small sliver to make the torn edge and sponged it for definition. Pull the bottom flap up and secure with two silver brads on each end (don't ask me why they look crooked in this scan...they aren't in real life!)

I inked up the flower stamp with Sage Shadow and Almost Amethyst markers and stamped on Whisper White. Then I inked up the word Joy with the AA marker and stamped. I clipped all the corners with the Tag Corner punch (love it!) and layered the white on Almost Amethyst cardstock and then punched the slot through the bottom of the layered piece. I cut a piece of Blue narrow organdy so it would go around the entire closed Sage Shadow piece. Adhere the white layered piece (only the top 3/4 to the top flap), slip the ribbon up thru the slot and tie to close. The last thing is to adhere the entire Sage Shadow piece to a 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 piece of Almost Amethyst cardstock.

Check out my Stampin' Up website calendar for the date of my April Stamp Camp! We'll be making six projects using stamps out of the Spring mini!

Set: Polka Dots & Paisley

C/S: Sage Shadow, Almost Amethyst, Whisper White

Inks: Sage Shadow, Sage Shadow and Almost Amethyst markers

Other: Blue Narrow Organdy ribbon, Silver mini brads, Slot punch, Tag Corner punch, Sponge





No comments: