Saturday, December 15, 2007

Baroque Motif frame


Well, I SURVIVED! Oh my gosh...last night's holiday party dinner nearly put me over the edge. (Next year I'm having it catered!) I spent most of today recovering (after delivering some orders in a horrible snowstorm that hit this morning!) Hopefully tomorrow I will feel like I'm back in the Christmas spirit and get some things done (like writing my Christmas letter, mailing cards, making my tags, wrapping gifts.) I plan to finish my shopping on Monday...yeah! Just a few things left to get and then some gift certificates.

Here is another one of the projects that my Last Minute Gifts class made. The shadow box frames I purchased at the Target $ spot last year. I bought a WHOLE bunch, so still have quite a few left for gifts! I love how these turned out...easy to change the colors to fit the recipient's taste.

For the center, I stamped the medallion from Baroque Motifs twice with Versamark and then Groovy Guava ink on River Rock cardstock, applied Iridescent Ice EP and heat set....very sparkly. Then I trimmed both the medallions to get just the floral part. I mounted the two together and layered on the Scallop Circle punch, then used my Round Tab punch to form a Very Vanilla circle behind the Scallop. The Jumbo eyelet went thru all layers with my Crop A Dile (just like butter!), then I added the Rhinestone in the center of the Jumbo eyelet. The swirl in the set was stamped with Wild Wasabi on the Wild Wasabi background and the mat. I stamped Cherish in Wild Wasabi and punched with the large oval punch. All together a very nice gift, I think. Wouldn't you like to receive it?

1 comment:

Debbie - StudioBeeCreations said...

This is simply BEEEEEAUTIFUL...and YES, I would LOVE to receive it!....shall I email you with my snail mail addy???