Sunday, December 30, 2007

Another Name Frame


This is a second Name Frame Christmas present I made for the new grandson of our best friends. Liam's room is decorated in sports and dark blues. The name of his bedding is All Star! I pulled out an old retired Stampin' Up! Scrappin' Kit Toy Box to decorate his name. I thought the plaid decorative paper in this kit worked well with his room, too! The All Star tag is "hanging" off the bat with natural hemp. I stamped the large letters with Headline Alphabet (retiring tomorrow!) I'm going to miss that alphabet! The small All Star letters were stamped with Short Order alphabet. The only ball that is stamped is the football (for some reason one wasn't in the kit!) from the retired Touchdown stamp set. I stamped the football in Really Rust on Creamy Caramel cardstock and then colored the stitches and stripes with my White gel pen.

I spent yesterday helping my hubby build wood shelves for my studio. Before I had some ugly metal ones that I will re purpose into the storage area behind my studio to hold all those items that need to be "altered" yet...like tin mailboxes, altoids-type tins, candles, etc. They will work great and be out of site. The new shelves will hold my retired collection of stamp sets and miscellaneous tools like the Cuttlebug and Bind-it-All machines. I can't wait until it is finished. It was a major pain to take everything off the shelves I had...now my stuff is just sitting around in boxes. He is painting the shelves today, so hopefully I can get my stuff back to normal tomorrow. Although I'd love to do some organizing and cataloging before I put them back, I don't think it will get done until I'm back from Leadership. And I have too many projects due before I leave to think about it now. I have a class coming in on Thursday, so it has to be cleaned up! lol!

4 comments:

Stefanie said...

Super cute frame Connie! I love how you hung the all star frame from the bat.

Debbie - StudioBeeCreations said...

Connie, I LOVE these name frames!!....have you ever offered this as a class to your customers?...I was thinking about doing that....Thank you for your wonderful inspiration!...and beeeeee sure to take pics of your new Stamp/Craft room!

beachgirlscrappin said...

Such a cute frame Connie. This is such awonderful idea and would make wonderful gifts no matter the age of the person.Thank you for your wonderful inspiration.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.