Monday, December 17, 2007

Peaceful Wishes


This card is one that was "rejected" by a magazine for their holiday cards submission. Funny, the other one I made (Christmas Cowboy) was accepted in last month's Rubber Stamper magazine (their last issue). I actually liked THIS card better! Who knows how they choose what to publish.

But, I am excited that I have two other cards published in the Valentine's issues of Craft N Things and Rubber Stamp Madness! I haven't seen either one in print, but I'm floating on Cloud 9! Woohoo!

This card uses some scrapbook paper from my "stash"...I don't have the manufacturer, sorry. I inked the mistletoe with Old Olive and Real Red markers and stamped on Shimmer White cardstock. Peace is from the retired set Perfect Endings (I think). I punched the Old Olive flowers (non-SU punch) and added red brads to their centers. They are popped up off the page with dimensionals. It is a square 5 1/2 x 5 1/2 finished card. Enjoy!

I'm slowly catching up...most of my cards are mailed with the Christmas letter that I wrote on Sunday. I started wrapping and tomorrow will work on making tags for the packages. Still have a few gifts to make and some gift certificates to purchase, but the rest of the gift purchasing I finished up this morning! Yeah! I'm feeling in control again!

No comments: