Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Wishing You Cheer



I'm so glad I bought this set when it was on sale last month. It is a fun little set...not too small and not too big...just right! This lip balm holder was another one of the Last Minute Gifts that my class did last week. The Snowman was stamped in Basic Black and colored with markers. I added a little sparkle on the snowflakes and ground with Stickles Crystal Glitter Glue. Inside, the slit punch holds the lip balm in place. I added a little double-sided tape for extra hold. I wrapped the lip balm with Dashing Double-sided paper to obscure the writing on it. The Wishing You Cheer verse is stamped on the left and room to write a personal note on the right. Stampin' Up!'s red gingham ribbon (great for the holidays!) holds it closed. Wouldn't these be fun gifts for some special gals in your life?

Hope you are enjoying getting ready for the holidays. I'm feeling a little more in control today! Did some shopping yesterday...mainly gift certificates left to get. I have my menu set for the holiday party on Friday night. Just need to write down the ingredients I need at the store, then go out tomorrow and buy them. I finished their gifts (rats...I forgot to take a picture of them all lined up!) I made sets of 4 tile coasters using Baroque Motifs in Wild Wasabi and Purely Pomegranate...they turned out nice! I wrapped them with the Purely Pomegranate ribbon that is on SALE right now! Working with that ribbon is awesome...so easy to tie pretty bows!

Don't forget the retired accessories list is out! Get your retiring stamps and accessories now...



5 comments:

Beckie said...

Love this idea!! Would you be willing to share a pattern for this?

Anonymous said...

What a great Idea, i would love the pattern as well!!

Lindsay
lcsstamp@shaw.ca
http://lcsstamp.typepad.com

Debbie - StudioBeeCreations said...

OOOOOOH MY ....Can you please do a TUTE???!!!!....This can be used for multiple occasions!I would like to add you to my blog stalk list...is that ok??

Mary said...

This is such a cute idea for little gifts. TFS!

Nancy Riley said...

ADORABLE!!! I never thought of wrapping the lip balm in designer paper! Brilliant idea !!!!