Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Down to the wire!!!


Whew...I was really cutting it close! I am participating in an email group swap with some of the gals going to Session 1 of convention. My swaps (54...27 each of 2 different designs) had to be in Colorado by Friday. I had the general layout in my head and one sample done (similar to the Priceless one on my blog), but I started yesterday to pull them together. The layers took me MUCH longer than I anticipated! I literally spent ALL DAY stamping and adhering all the pieces...8 FULL hours! I'm exhausted now! lol! I hate leaving things to the last minute, but with the computer problems, then classes and club meetings I had the past few weeks, I had no time to work on the swaps...especially since I didn't get my new sets until last week! I'll be sharing my swap cards once I get back from convention.

This card uses one of the techniques from last week's Technique Class called Faux Linen. My version uses Craft ink and sanding blocks on Glossy paper. One fun thing I learned, when using a blender pen with my classic ink pads to color the flowers and leaves, the blender pen fluid seems to eat away the Craft ink...allowing the color from the Classic ink to flow onto the paper! Cool! That is how I got blue flowers and green leaves showing thru the Regal Rose Craft ink! The simplicity of this card allows the technique to be featured.
Sets: Artfully Asian, Fine Lace
C/S: Glossy White, Regal Rose, Bashful Blue
Inks: Basic Black, Bashful Blue, Certainly Celery, Craft Regal Rose
Other: Blender pens, sanding blocks, Light Blue gingham ribbon
I'll try to keep up with posting over the next few weeks, but I still have another group swap to finish (52 cards), a 3D Shoebox swap to pull together, some commission work, room mate gifts and general swap cards to do before I leave for Convention Session 2!!!!

No comments: