Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Artifacts meets Office Accoutrement


Gorgeous day here in Ohio...not warm, but sunny; makes me think that maybe spring will show its face again. We've had very cool/cold weather lately. Hope you enjoyed your day.

Here is another scrap pieces card! I'm so happy to be using up some of these that have been sitting in my scrap basket. This week's SCS card challenge was the inspiration for my layout. The two Artifacts stars I had already embossed with copper and used most of them on another project. The background was stamped previously using the argyle stamp from Looks Like Spring and I cut it into panels. The base card is actually Bashful Blue and I used Certainly Celery Craft Ink on direct-to-paper to streak it...also a previous swap card leftover. The top panel is Certainly Celery and I rubbed Bashful Blue Craft ink over it, then topped it with the Canvas BG stamp, then added the Memo, Birthday and Posted stamps. To add a little bling, I used the Round Tab Punch (love it!) and some copper brads. I think it turned out to be a nice masculine birthday day...I'll save it for my dad's birthday in June!

Sets: Artifacts, Looks Like Spring, Office Accoutrement, Canvas BG, It's Your Birthday
C/S: Bashful Blue, Certainly Celery, Not Quite Navy
Ink: Versamark, Basic Black, Not Quite Navy, Craft Bashful Blue, Craft Certainly Celery
Other: Copper mini brads, Round Tab Punch, 1/16" circle punch, Classy Copper Embossing powder, Ticket Corner punch

Well, I'm anxiously awaiting the results of American Idol tonight. Once again, I'm advocating "you know who" to FINALLY leave...we'll see!

No comments: