Saturday, April 7, 2007

Reject Swap Card #1



Remember yesterday (actually the day before since I'm so late posting tonight) I mentioned that I was working on some Please Don't Go swaps for the Control Freaks group? My chosen set is Simply Said. Well, it took me 4 tries until I got what felt like the right one. Watch my Blog over the next few days and let me know if you think I made the right choice. I'll post one (or maybe two) a day. (Of course...it is too late to change my mind, cause the cards are all finished and will go out in the mail tomorrow!) lol!

This is the one first I worked on. Nice...but not wow. Other than ribbon, I really couldn't figure out how to add any more embellishments. The cut-out flower is covered in Irridescent Ice, so that added a little bling, but just not quite right...it isn't what I had pictured in my head. Then I decided that I didn't want to use one of the In-Colors in case the Simply Said set made it into the new catty...my swap participants wouldn't be able to show it since it used a retired color.

Set: Simply Said
C/S: Basic Black, Whisper White, Caribbean Cool
Inks: Basic Black, Caribbean Cool, So Saffron, Certainly Celery, Versamark
Other: Apricot grosgrain ribbon, Irridescent Ice EP, 1/8 circle punch

Have a wonderful Easter!

No comments: