Monday, April 16, 2007

Use those scraps!


I spent part of Sunday evening sorting thru all my cardstock scraps that had piled up by my cutter. Now they are sorted and placed into plastic sleeves according to each color, then filed alphabetically in a huge 3 ring binder. I like having one sleeve for each color, but I did notice that I had a LOT of certain color pieces. I also found several pieces of designer paper like this one! This was in last Summer's mini catalog, and it is still one of my favorites.

I spent today trying to use up some of the scraps on my desk...you know, those stamped and colored images, but discarded on the original design. I also experimented with layout that SCS posted for Virtual Stamp Night...I wish I had a circle punch just about 1/4 inch smaller than this one, but it looks ok. And, I wanted to see if I could use Stampin' Up!'s All in a Row set to make faux ribbon like Nichole Heady's tutorial. I didn't have a lot of time to play, but I do think it turned out to look like argyle ribbon, don't you? This set, Love Ya Bunches, hasn't been inked up in a while, so I pulled it out to use.

Sets: Love Ya Bunches, All in a Row
C/S: Bashful Blue, Blush Blossom, Whisper White, Petal Patch Designer Paper (retired)
Inks: Basic Brown, Certainly Celery (Bashful Blue, Blush Blossom, Certainly Celery markers)
Other: Marvy Circle Punch, dimensionals


2 comments:

Jan Scholl said...

everything I post on my blog is from scraps. I try to keep my scraps bin organized as it has three drawers but I end up dumping it all over trying to find what I like and make a mess again. Maybe I need another scrap bin as this one is so full.

Rachel said...

This is gorgeous. What a fantastic use of scraps! TFS. Love it! :-)