Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Favorite Father's Day card


OK...I'm feeling a little better so I thought I'd take a minute and post one of my favorite Father's Day cards.

The little boy image is stamped on cardstock vellum with Black Stazon, then I turned it over and colored the back with markers. Adhere a 1" strip of base color (Bashful Blue folded in half) around the top edge of the vellum and adhere to the base card of Bashful Blue. The strip of cardstock hides the adhesive. I tore the bottom of the vellum. Then I sponged the Bashful Blue background with Craft White to resemble clouds. I stamped Happy Father's Day in the "sand" with Chocolate Chip. The "sand" is Creamy Caramel that I crumpled, tore and highlighted the edges with Creamy Caramel ink. Adhere the sand to the bottom of the Bashful Blue cardstock and under the Vellum flap so it appears the little boy is sitting on sand.

This card reminds of my little boys playing in the sand when we'd go to Sandestin for spring break...

Set: Summer by the Sea, AYC II
C/S: Cardstock Vellum, Creamy Caramel, Bashful Blue
Inks: Chocolate Chip, Creamy Caramel, Stazon Black
Markers: Gable Green, Creamy Caramel, Brocade Blue, Chocolate Chip

1 comment:

Allison Rankin said...

This is a super idea...love the boy on the vellum and the crumpled CS for the sand...brilliant!