Thursday, April 5, 2007

Easter card!

Ugh...have you ever had a day where NOTHING you are designing or stamping is coming out right? I'm working on a swap for the Control Freaks called "Please Don't Go" and I'm using Simply Said. I just can't seem to put something different together. I was using alphabets...but I like using Craft ink with them and I don't have the color I wanted. Then the scrapbook paper I used (Rebecca) was just too funky looking with the flowers. And, our pink ribbons just didn't look right with the Pixie Pink...and Taupe was just too brown looking on the overall card! I ended up scrapping the card and will start fresh tomorrow.

So...on a good note. Here is the Easter card I made this year! Everyone should have received it by now, so I feel safe about posting it. I liked the thought of Marshmallow Peeps, so I made each bunny in a Peep color. They were a little time-consuming to cut three out for each card, but I did it while watching TV, so it wasn't too bad.The front of the card says "Easter wishes" and the inside says "to some of my favorite peeps" that I typed up on the computer. I thought it was fun. Here are the details...enjoy!

Set: Bunny Hugs, Polka Dots & Paisley
C/S: Pretty in Pink, Barely Banana, Lavender Lace, Whisper White, Au Chocolat paper
Inks: Basic Brown, Pretty in Pink
Other: Small oval punch, Slit punch, 1/16 circle punch, mini brad, Pink grosgrain ribbon

Did you know there is a entire website devoted to Peeps? They have recipes and everything! Check it out here: http://www.marshmallowpeeps.com/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Connie...this is such a cute idea and I love the whole 'peep' thing! Thanks for sharing your creativity. Barb g