Monday, June 25, 2007

Control Freaks Swap


Have you ever TOTALLY forgotten about a stamp commitment? I'm part of a group where we make 3 cards to be submitted to magazines every other month. It is due this Wednesday and I had completely forgotten about it. I don't know what made me think to look at the due date today. So, guess what I did? Worked on those all afternoon! Luckily, I had a couple ideas in my head and I just used those. Whew! Dropped them at the post office before 5:00 PM, so they should be on time. I hate being late!

I think I've mentioned that I'm a member of a very AWESOME group of gals, the Control Freak Swappers. We have large swaps (close to 40 swaps) for every new mini and a couple just for fun in between. I'm amazed at these girls' work and was proud to be asked to join them almost two years ago! Here is my swap card for the Preview Catalog. I used the new set Baroque Motifs. This is not my normal style of stamp set, but I wanted to challenge myself a little and I loved the scroll background stamp. I also used the new In-Colors...they are SO great. I must admit that I was lamenting the loss of this year's In-Colors, but the new ones have definitely soothed my soul! lol! And yes, I cut out 80 of those flowers! But, I LOVE the new Three for You mini flower punch!

Set: Baroque Motifs
C/S: Very Vanilla, River Rock, Groovy Guava
Inks: Groovy Guava
Other: Versamark, Iridescent Ice EP, Ivory grosgrain ribbon, Three for You punch box, Large oval punch, dimensionals

3 comments:

Jenn D said...

This is gorgeous! I love how the new punch pairs up with the Baroque Motifs stamp set. I am stalking my mailbox for these swap cards.

Jenn

Laura said...

The groovy guava ink is great on the river rock paper-nice job!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous swap, as are ALL your samples!! I'm looking for a group to join for swapping. I suppose the Control Freaks is by invite only. Can you send me info?? I can send samples of my work, plus I've had several cards on the SU Stampers Showcase.

Thanks ... I'm also hostessing a shoebox swap at Convention Session 1 at the Holiday Inn... looking forward to lots of great ideas!!

Kathy ... stampin' away in Michigan.
kmhilden@comcast.net