Thursday, June 21, 2007

Pick a Petal Bee




OK...I am so cracking myself up. I was dreaming about this Bee last night...making him with the Pick A Petal stamp set. So tonight a took a break from my commission work and preparing for a Stamp Camp and played a little. This card certainly turned out BRIGHT. I never realized how hard Yo Yo Yellow is to use, but the Cool Caribbean seemed to do the trick to soften the bright yellow a little.

To make the body, I stamped the solid petal in Yo Yo Yellow on Whisper white and cut out. Then I stamped the solid petal in Basic Black on Black just so I'd have the outline to cut. Cut the Black one out and then cut it into sections to resemble stripes. I alternated the Black stripes on the Yo Yo Yellow body.

The wings are stamped on cardstock vellum, cut out and bent to lay out a little from the body. Then I mixed a little Dazzling Diamonds with Liquid Glue and rubbed the mixture over the wings to make them appear iridescent. Antenna is hand cut. It is hard to see, but I used Canvas BG on the Cool Caribbean underneath the bee for a little texture. It was a FUN card to make!

Today my little Janome Mini Sewing machine arrived, but I haven't had time to open it! Hopefully I'll get to use it a little tomorrow. I wasn't going to buy it, had it in my shopping cart and then walked away. But the sale price and then FREE shipping was just too hard to pass up! I love Cambria's stitched cards!

Sets: Pick a Petal, Canvas, On the Spot, It's Your Birthday
C/S: Yo Yo Yellow, Cool Caribbean, Whisper White Basic Black
Inks: Basic Black, Yo Yo Yellow, Cool Caribbean
Other: 1/2 circle punch, Ticket Corner punch, Oval Coluzzle, 3/4 circle punch, Dazzling Diamonds, Liquid Glue, Black mini brads, Dimensionals


EDITED: Sorry if you get duplicate posts. I had to add the copyright and change something in the recipe.


2 comments:

Betty O said...

Too, too cute! It's amazing what ideas come to us late at night!

Maria said...

Hi Connie! Thank you for participating in my TIC. I posted your card on my Card Inspired blog site!

I love that bee! It's stands out beautifully! I love the bold colors and yes, that cool caribbean combines really well with the rest of the color scheme!

Great job!

Maria