Tuesday, May 8, 2007

All The Best 2


Ugh...a wasted day. Well, not really. Yesterday, a drywall serviceman for our one-year walk-thru on our new home was supposed to be here at 10:00 AM. They called to reschedule for today. At 11:00 AM today, no one is here so I called the company and asked where the person was...they wanted to schedule again for tomorrow! Ridiculous! They've had this appointment on their books for over a week. I had the same problem the first time they came out (to do the prep work). I called the Service Manager from our builder to get him to put some pressure of them. Of course, I haven't heard back from HIM either. Frustrating! But, I went to my Studio and started working on a couple things due later this week. So I guess it wasn't a complete waste...but I bet I'll be waiting around the house again tomorrow. Grrrrrr.....

This card uses the retiring All The Best. Since I had it pulled out, I thought I'd do something one more time before it retires. It really is a versatile set. The background (under the sentiment) is Wax Paper Resist...another technique I learned from Technique Junkies newsletter. It is made using Lavender Lace, Bashful Blue and Almost Amethyst...pretty, soft colors. I must be in a Soft Subtles mood these days! lol! I stamped the flower three times, cut them out and slightly curled the petals back, added a Bashful Blue mini brad in the enter. This card is going to in a pack of cards I'm making for my mom...hope she likes it!

Sets: All The Best, Cheery Chat (both retiring)
C/S: Bashful Blue, Almost Amethyst, Lavender Lace, Whisper White, Glossy White
Inks: Basic Black, Bashful Blue, Almost Amethyst, Lavender Lace
Other: Ticket corner punch, Soft Subtles mini brads, dimensionals

No comments: