Sunday, May 27, 2007

Balmy Breezes


I'm back! I had such a good time in Orlando, Florida with my girlfriend, Annette! We checked out several stamp/scrap stores in the area, relaxed AND did a 7 hour behind-the scenes Disney tour! It was AWESOME! We couldn't take pictures, so I'm definitely going to need to journal a lot about the experience.


I haven't done ANY stamping lately, so I'm pulling out a card I did a few weeks ago from some leftover scraps. I know it is bright in this scan, but it really is cool looking with all the layers. First the background is Smackin' Acetate technique with Pink Passion, Only Orange and Summer Sun. The sun is embossed with clear EP on white mulberry paper and since it is layered on Barely Banana, it picks up that color. The tree is embossed with White EP on white mulberry paper...then I used reinkers in Bashful Blue, Summer Sun and Only Orange to dye the mulberry paper. The clear and white EPs resisted the reinker colors, making them stand out. It is a very cool looking technique. The mulberry paper is layered onto Barely Banana, mounted on Only Orange and then layered onto the Smackin Acetate layer. The base card is Barely Banana. Like I said...a lot going on, but the overall effect is really neat!

Sets: Balmy Breezes (retiring), Simply Circles (retiring), Alphabits
C/S: Barely Banana, Only Orange, Whisper White, White Mulberry
Inks: Pink Passion, Summer Sun, Only Orange markers, Bashful Blue, Only Orange, Summer Sun reinkers, Versamark. Only Orange, Pink Passion Classic pads
Other: 1/4 circle punch, White EP, Clear EP, Aquapainter, Wide pink organdy ribbon (retired), Orange grosgrain, Rich Regals Tag Sheet

No comments: