Wednesday, May 9, 2007

In Color Challenge


YEAH! I'm registered for Session 2 at Convention! Now it really seems like it is real...the new catty and convention will be here soon! Woohoo! I can't wait to chill out with my gal friends, see and meet some new friends and absorb all that information from SU.

The Drywall maintenance is done...what a pain. They were supposed to show up at 10:00 AM and they arrived at 9:00 AM...luckily I was dressed. They were supposed to do some things and they didn't, so I had to contact our builder again and complain. That just wears me out. Now they messed up the paint on the garage walls, so I have to have the builder come back out and paint. But...good news is that is the last of the one-year maintenance items.

I signed up for a card challenge on one of my groups. As it happened, the person I was assigned to send it to is a good customer and friend! Hope you like it Rachel!

We were to use the outgoing In-Colors to make a card with at least two layers. I was happy that I could use 4 out of 6 colors on this card! I probably could have used all 6 on the flowers, but didn't want to push it. This is the retiring Flower Filled stamp set...another set I haven't used much except to make the Display Samples for convention. It is hard to see, but I masked off the center portion of Marigold Morning and then sponged MM ink on the top and bottom. I also used Word by Word background stamp while the mask was in place...I think it looks like a wide band of cardstock in the picture, but in person you can tell it has been sponged. The corners I used the 1-1/4 circle punch and cut them in half...then folded the edges around to the back. The boots are stamped twice, the top one cut out and popped up with dimensionals and the gold mini brad for the buckle.

Sets: Flower Filled (retiring), Word by Word background
C/S: Marigold Morning, Buckaroo Blue, Cranberry Crisp, Glossy White
Inks: Marigold Morning, Buckaroo Blue, True Thyme, Cranberry Crisp, More Mustard
Other: Gold and Ruby Red mini brads, Cranberry Stitched ribbon, Bordering Blue eyelet, 1/8 circle punch, 1-1/4 circle punch

1 comment:

Rachel said...

This is just stunning in real life. I'm the lucky recepient! ;-) It's awesome. You can tell how much work went into it, and the colors blend very, very well. Love it! Thank you for the sweet challenge card.