Sunday, May 6, 2007

All The Best


Well! Where did yesterday go? I think I blinked and missed a whole day! Actually, I was finishing up my Technique Junkies Design Team assignments, scanned them and emailed them off to Pat for publication. I love being on her Design Team...I've always enjoyed doing techniques, and she puts together some really great ones in her newsletter every other month. If you don't subscribe...give her newsletter a try! I think you'll find it well worth the money. www.techniquejunkies.com

This is a really OLD technique...polished stone. I submitted this card to Stampin' Up! for Convention Display Maker two years ago and was selected! I've seen it on display boards at convention and regionals! I decided to feature it today, because it uses one of those sets that will be retiring, All the Best. This is a set that I used to use a lot when it first came out, but it has been neglected lately. My plan is to pull it out and use it within the next couple days...along with a bunch of other neglected sets.

The background of this is polished stone as I mentioned. If you haven't done this technique, pull out your reinkers and rubbing alcohol...it is fun! I make up full sheets (on glossy paper) and then cut them up when I need a quick background. Basically, saturate a portion of your cotton ball with rubbing alcohol, add 2-3 drops of one color reinker...dot the cotton ball over the glossy paper randomly. Select a second color and do the same with a fresh cotton ball...a third color adds even more dimension. Let dry and decorate! The flower is stamped in Almost Amethyst and "rocked" the edges with Lavender Lace. It is kind of hard to see in the photo.

Sets: All the Best, Everyday Flexible Phrases
C/S: Pretty in Pink, White Glossy, Mellow Moss, Almost Amethyst
Inks: Pretty in Pink, Mellow Moss, Almost Amethyst, Lavender Lace, Basic Black
Reinkers: Pretty in Pink, Mellow Moss, Almost Amethyst
Other: Silver cord, 1/16 circle punch, Pretty in Pink eyelet

No comments: