Saturday, May 19, 2007

Close as a Memory


This was one of the first sets I ordered when the catalog came out last year. Unfortunately, it seems I make a lot of sympathy cards and it definitely is great for that...

However, I wanted to use this set for something cheerful and bright! I made this card for my SIL who is undergoing chemo for breast cancer to let her know I'm thinking about her. She "ran" the Race for a Cure today with a wheelchair nearby in case she needed it. I'm amazed at her will power, strength and grace with this disease...and also the humor she has retained through it all. She can use your thoughts and prayers...her name is Mary Beth.

I haven't done poppin' pastels in AGES, and I do love the soft look chalk creates over Versamark. I kicked it up a notch by using the bright colors. Paisley background is on both the Green Gable cardstock (using Green Galore) and the Whisper White cardstock (using Green Gable). The base of the card is Whisper White to tone down the brightness a little. The ribbon is sheer polka dots in a bright green! I SO hope that Stampin' Up! will get a large selection of printed ribbons in the new catalog! Love them!

Sets: Close as a Memory, Paisley background, Itty Bitty Backgrounds, Warmest Regards (retiring)
C/S: Whisper White, Gable Green, Pink Passion
Inks: Green Galore, Gable Green, Pink Passion, Versamark, Basic Black
Other: Pastel chalks, Sponge daubers, non-SU ribbon

No comments: