Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Bundle of Joy


I've been waiting forever to share this card! I waited because my Stamp Club didn't meet until today and I didn't want them to see the variation of this card before we made it.
I don't have many baby sets, so this one has really taken my fancy. The yellows of Marigold Morning and Barely Banana just seem so soft...just like a baby's blanket.

I did the Faux Layering technique by tearing a piece of cardstock and laying it on the white layer base as a template. I then sponged Marigold Morning ink on the left side of the torn edge, then stamped the moon and stars with Marigold Morning over top. I removed the template and inked up Canvas in Barely Banana and stamped over the entire white layer, including the faux layer. The Giraffe is colored with blender pens and ink pads. I used the Round Tab punch upside down and secured it with two gold mini brads. The ticket corner punch and Apricot ribbon finish off the card.

Sets: Bundle of Joy
C/S: Marigold Morning, Whisper White
Inks: Marigold Morning, Barely Banana, More Mustard, Stazon Black
Other: Cutter kit distressing tool, Gold mini brads, 1/16 circle punch, Ticket corner punch, Apricot ribbon, Blender pens, Round Tab punch

No comments: